TCS Annual Awards (2 No’s): Basic (1) & Clinical Sciences (1)
Application Deadline 1st August, 2023
- Applicant should be Indian citizen of less than 45 years as on 1st August, 2023.
- Only one application per member will be accepted; earlier winners are not eligible to apply for the award.
- The research work should have been carried out in India using flow cytometry as a significant experimental tool and published (or accepted for publication) in the preceding two years, i.e. from 1st August 2021 to 31st July, 2023.
- Applicant should either be the first or the corresponding author of paper and should submit the agreement / NOC from his/her co-authors.
- Applicant should be a member of The Cytometry Society with no pending dues. If you are not a member, you can become a member before applying for the award. Click Here
- A PDF file of the published paper (or final version of the accepted manuscript along with the proof of acceptance) along with filled form to be uploaded on the links below. Blank form can be downloaded from the link below.
- Submitted applications will be screened for eligibility and quality by Award Nomination Committee.
- The short listed papers will be sent for evaluation to the International Award Committee.
- The papers will be evaluated not only for the likely impact of the results on clinical / basic research practice but also on novelty, relevance, design and execution of the flow cytometry experiments in answering the questions addressed in the study.
- Winners of the Award will be finalized by 20th September, 2023. Decision of the Award Committee will be final.
- The winners will be felicitated during the Annual TCS Meeting.
Terms and Conditions
- The winners (first author/corresponding author) of the two TCS awards must make a formal presentation of the work at the TCS Annual meeting.
- Each entrant agrees to abide by these ‘terms and conditions’ and the decisions of the Award Committee will be final.
- TCS reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend this, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the paper submitted for award. It must be the own work of the applicant and its submission to the TCS Award must not infringe upon or violate any laws or any rights of other co-authors and parties including but not limited to, such violations as infringement or copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual property right, defamation, violation of rights of privacy, publicity, personality or celebrity, or any contract right, or any other right of any individual, corporation or entity. Entrants must obtain all necessary permissions, licenses, clearances, releases, waivers of moral rights and other approvals from the co-authors and all copyright holders.
- If awarded the awardees would agree to publicize his/her name, the abstract of the paper and a brief description of the submitted paper on TCS web page. Click Here
- First and corresponding authors will get 25% each of the cash award and the remaining 50% of the cash award to be divided equally amongst all authors.
- All taxes, including income tax, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- These rules and regulations are subject to change without notice for any reason including, without limitation, if necessary to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.